Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Getting Started Day 4 pt 2

I just got home from work, and indeed I am in the top 10% of selling appliances at Best Buy in the nation. I get to put $450 away to save, that will cover just over half of one credit for January, NOT BAD! Free money!

I mentioned to my boyfriend how I would like to move out, because who know, maybe he is ready too and I don't have to worry too much about paying for that as well. Of course that did not go well. Thats fine we probably aren't ready anyway.

I am now assisting someone who is applying for the nursing program. I am helping her with anatomy and physiology, and I forgot how difficult it is! Her first essay question:
You just got shot in the stomach, their is drastic blood loss, explain what is happening inside your body, and any physical state you may be in. Explain everything.
WOAH! That is at least 5 pages right there!
Second essay question:
You are a drop of blood in your right foot, you move through your body and end in your right thumb, describe your journey and everything you see on your way to the right thumb.
Yikes!

I recognized my pre-requisites for nursing are almost identical to my best friend who is going into med school, I wonder if that is why there is such a shortage, if us nurses do all this hard work we mind as well become a doctor!
That is what my study friends and I always thought when we studied for our science classes. Our excuse for not going into pre-med "I dont want to take the MCATS!"
Any one else feel that way? That they work so hard to be a nurse they should just become a doctor? Some nursing practitioners and nurse anesthetists make more than doctors. This requires the nurse to have a masters degree and be highly qualified and skillful. It calls for a lot of work, and yet, it seems to anger some doctors how much some nurses make. Its about quality, experience, and education, and yes, the professions can compare. If I wanted to be a doctor I would have chose that profession, no thought on who makes more money.

Until tomorrow

Chizlov

No comments:

Post a Comment